Diana Rigg was an English actress who was known for playing Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones has died on 10 September 2020. Before appearing on Game of thrones she was known for playing Emma Peel in the TV series The Avengers and Countess Teresa di Vicenzo, wife of James Bond, in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. She also has a very successful career in theater.
In the honor of Diana Rigg, we have collected some of the facts and trivia about her life
Diana Rigg Facts || Diana Rigg Trivia
- Diana Rigg was born in 1938 in Doncaster which is now in South Yorkshire
- Her father was a railway engineer
- She lived in Bikaner, Rajasthan, India from the ages of two months and eight years
- She is Dame Diana Rigg. She was made DBE aka Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II.
- She was once voted as the sexiest-ever TV star in the United States by TV Guide
- She made her Broadway debut in the 1971 production of Abelard & Heloise
- She is one of the few actors who has acted in both the Doctor Who and the James Bond franchises.
- Michael Parkinson after interviewing her in 1972, described her as the most desirable woman he ever met
- She was graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London
- She was a smoker from the age of 18 and she used to smoke 20 cigarettes a day in 2009 which ultimately stopped in 2017