Eminem is without doubt one of the best artist of all time. He has proven this time and again. He has Millions of Fans all around the world and has inspired many new artist. But there are Many things about Eminem you may not know about. Here are some of them
- Kamikaze was Eminem’s 10th Studio album Where he aggressively responded to critics of his. Kamikaze is also the name of Japanese Special Attack Units of military aviators who initiated suicide attacks for the Empire of Japan against Allied naval vessels in the closing stages of the Pacific campaign of World War II
Eminem’s album The Marshall Mathers LP was sold 1.76 million copies in the first week of release in the U.S. which was a record for a solo artist
- His name ‘Eminem’ came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers).
- Eminem Loves Comic Book and wanted to be a comic book artist when he was a kid. He has also shown his love of comic book through his song. He was also featured in The Punisher Comic
Eminem was considered for the role of Brian O’Conner in The Fast and the Furious movie but the role was given to the late Paul Walker.
- Eminem Sold over 230 million records sold globally, Which makes him one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
- When he was accused of being Homophobic , Elton John came forward to support him and they perform together in Grammy. They are still good friends.
- He has many awards in his name which includes 15 Grammy Awards, 8 American Music Awards, 17 Billboard Music Awards, an Academy Award for Lose Yourself and a MTV Europe Music Award for Global Icon Award.
- Eminem has created his own fashion line called Shady Limited.
- Proof was his best man at his second wedding to Kim Mathers in 2006
- Eminem’s mother nearly died during her 73-hour labor with him
- His parents were in a band called Daddy Warbucks
- As a teenager, Eminem used to write letters to his father, which Debbie stated all came back marked “return to sender”
- In 1988, Eminem went by the stage name MC Double M and formed his first group New Jacks with DJ Butter Fingers
- He was 83rd on Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and 79th on the VH1 100 Greatest Artists of All Time lists
- Eminem’s high school bully filed the rapper a $1million law suit as he claimed ‘Brain Damage’ hurt his reputation but case was dismissed
- Eminem wanted to protect his daughter from media spotlight so he never shared her photo after she grew up
- Eminem attempted suicide after the release of Infinite, due tohis personal problems and substance abuse.
- Eminem was first arrested at age 20 for his involvement in a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun
- As of 2019 he is 11 years sober.
- According to Billboard, Eminem’s 2 albums are in the list of top-five bestselling albums from 2000 to 2010. He is the first artist having two then three digital diamond-certified songs in the United State. His song Lose Yourself and Not Afraid is 10x platinum whereas Love the Way You Lie is 11× platinum
- Eminem was called the King of Hip-Hop by Rolling Stone in 2011. For that Rolling Stone (From 2009 to the first half of 2011) analyzed album R&B, sales, hip-hop and rap chart positions, concert grosses, YouTube views, social media, industry awards and critical ratings of solo rappers